Thursday, January 19, 2006

VCCA day seven


Lovely dinner last night, I sat next to two of the writers who were also at my table the night before, we had a very entertaining conversation about dogs if you can believe that! I've decided the ideal pet is a cow, they gaze at you, you gaze at them, there's a fence between you. Of course I may feel differently trudging around in the fields here if I were here in the summer, frozen cow pies are one thing.
The reading was really very interesting; I admire the author for putting himself out there like that. I enjoyed being able to hear a work in process and could see when a description took over, and it deviated from the story… very like a beautiful mark in a painting that you are reluctant to destroy but it isn’t true to the whole. My friend from Connecticut and the two girls working on the multi media project came to the studio. It was wonderful. One of the girls felt the photographs I used in the houses were like “every child” rather than a portrayal of my children. Which is a wonderful response. Beautiful sunrise, I took several hundred pictures between yesterday afternoon and this morning, ate breakfast and was in the studio by 8am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines