Wednesday, January 18, 2006

VCCA day six

I accidentally left my cell phone in the studio last night and its very dark and grey out this morning. So with no way to tell the time (which is what I use the cell for) I'm off to a later start this morning. But at least I'm up both physically and wirelessly.

This is from yesterday.
Day Five:
Looked out the curtains this morning and saw it was cloudy so I slept in until 7, was at the studio by 8. I decided to wax one of my masonite panels and paint a little landscape on that. It went really well. I’m very happy with it and love the feel of painting on wax. Its also nice to start from a dark wood toned base rather than white matboard. Got lots done today, waxed both sides of the large house images and started several small encaustics. Last night at dinner, several of my fellow visual artists were talking about liking the smell of beeswax and wanting to learn more about encaustics so they are coming by Wed night after one of the fellows gives reading. So I spent some time today cleaning up the studio and rearranging the lights. I’m also contemplating a 3d piece. Had a nice long talk with Mom and Isabel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines