Monday, November 12, 2007

Novie Trump

If you have a chance go by Glenview Mansion to see Novie's work - it closes on the 27th. I've known Novie years - since the SAH conference was in Alexandria and we were on the planning committee together. I've exhibited her work at NIH and Smith Farm, last year she gave me a lovely show at the Lee Center. She is also doing a commission for us at the Inn. All that history and friendship revealed, the truth is, her work astonishes me.

I had never seen so much of her art in one place (23 I think she said). Each one more revealing that the last. They remind me of some ancient thing unearthed rather than an object consciously created. I do wish the exhibit had given them space, they have such quiet dignity I didn't under stand the aesthetic of paring them with the painter that is also on exhibit. Anyway, these photos totally don't do them justice so go see them in person if you can.
Novie's web site here




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines