Wednesday, September 19, 2007

sounds like a charmed life....

September 18, 2007
How to make a happy cellist
Watching the Sydney Symphony Orchestra in concert at the famous Opera House a couple of weeks back, I thought the principal cellist looked a bit familiar.

'Who's that?' I whispered.
'Nathan Waks,' said my neighbour.
'Never!,' I exclaimed.

The last time I was in Sydney, in 1995, Nathan Waks was head of music at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, a man of influence and authority. I could hardly imagine a BBC executive giving up the trappings and going back to play in an orchestra where he once held powers of hire and fire - and that's assuming anybody in the BBC would pass an audition to play any instrument in an orchestra of international quality. rest of the story here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines