Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I have really enjoyed the activity of a small seaport. Watching an older couple on a large sailboat moored in the harbor, wake up, start moving around the boat, cleaning the deck going through their normal routine, drive to shore in the dingy stop and chat with the locals and then head to the restaurant for a good breakfast.

Or a little guy with a beard getting the odd fellows hall across the street ready for an event, setting up blue table cloths and a table for coffee. At night, I fall asleep to laughter and conversation from the cafe across the street - the clearing of plates and people's shout of goodnight as they separate to get in their cars.

And sleep! I never have much trouble sleeping. But here, at night, with the windows open, it’s in the 60’s and in the morning its cool enough to wear a sweatshirt. I’ve napped, dozed while reading, and still crawl into bed before 10 sleep hard until 7. (How I ever got up at 5am and rowed until 7 is now beyond me). In know you are sweltering in DC, so sorry! I do finally understand why so many well heeled Alexandrian’s head to Maine for August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines