Saturday, January 14, 2006

VCCA day two


The food at dinner was, as I had been told, very good. I met a poet and a writer before dinner and sat between two painters during the meal, one an older woman from Connecticut, who has been here 6 of 7 times and one a grad student who is returning to North Carolina. A writer from South Africa, three people from NYC, a married couple and a single woman who didn’t lack for words but apparently is having quite a bit of trouble putting them down on paper. She took one look at me and pegged me as a visual artist, you would think my TC Williams volley ball sweatshirt would have thrown her off but apparently not. I have a new appreciation for artists who use words as tools (and their editors and publishers who work with them).

I watched lost in translation and slept like a baby, straight through to 7am. Had breakfast with a graduate student from Denmark who is a sculptor, ½ way through her 6 weeks here. She’s doing watercolor and drawing (because she cant afford to ship her work back).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines