Thursday, August 23, 2007

more Michael's pics from Istanbul


Hey Folks.....

yesterday we actually have a successful firing...yahoo! the language barrier still presents many problems. one of our students took mike and i out to dinner in istanbul. the restaurant was atop one of the hills of istanbul...overlooking the great blue mosque....the boshorous. the most beautiful view on earth....the whole city spread below you.

and the food was spectacular........my leeks in bechamel sauce, my filet in basil sauce and my milk pudding with fresh black berries was one of my best meals of my life.

twice during dinner 5 different mosques had a call to prayer.....so magical. a wedding was just below us.....shooting off fireworks and releasing doves. it was incredible. the only thing missing was a flying carpet.

tonight at dinner at the school i had white bread and rice....god's punishment for my hubris of last nights meal.

more later.....write to me...please!!! i'm totally homesick!!!

tim



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines