Sunday, July 16, 2006














Today it was beautiful out! Ray and I took our first kayak lesson in preparation for my trip to Maine. Entertaining instructor, and nice small class size, another married couple - he is a record producer - and two brothers. I really felt confident on the water, it was similar to rowing in a single shell. We paddled around in the canal and then went out on the Potomac where Nathan (I think that was his name) had us learn how to roll under the water and then get out of the kayak. We crossed the river right near Lowes' Island where I did the art for their country club and then did a little rapids on the way back. Feeling sooo confident I decided to do this last tricky maneuver and ended up face to face with the river bed. One fat lip later I'm frankly relieved to have all of my teeth still in my head. Over confidence - its a killer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines